CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas Day

I guess the best place to start is with the morning.....4:30 in the morning that is! I was hoping that since the boys stayed up a bit late they would let me sleep in, didn't happen. This is actually very unusual because I am usually the one that is bouncing around in my room waiting for an appropriate time to wake them up. I have had to wake them every year so far. No luck... So this year Ty comes in my room at 4:30 and says "Mom, wake up it is Christmas!" To which I replied, "It is not Christmas for another hour at least!" He said, "I will never be able to go back to sleep." "Yes you will, just try." He did. Then at 5:30 Nick came in and said, "Merry Christmas, wake up!" As he is laying across me. "No" I begged and pleaded to no avail. I asked him to wake his brother (who was able to go back to sleep) they both ended up in bed with me and I hoped that if I let them cuddle and get warm they would go back to sleep, it worked for about 2.3 minutes. So the day started. The boys are not like normal kids, they actually take their time opening presents, to the point I have to move them along a bit because of my excitement. They are always so grateful and appreciative for whatever they get. I think they both had a "great" Christmas.

After a relaxing morning at home together we went into Grandma Jill's house to do the Christmas thing with all of the aunts/uncles and cousins. The highlight of the time for me was of course seeing them all together, watching my mom enjoy her kids and grandkids, and the absolute best for me was my nephew, Kevin. (named after my sweetie) Lil Kev is two now and is just so stinking cute. When I take his picture he says, "I see Taci" and then he laughs when he sees it and then says "Cheese" again. I always end up with tons of pics of him because he is so funny about it. My favorite is my Christmas kiss. The holidays are still hard for me but he made my heart very happy.


I unfortunately had to work Christmas night (7pm to 1am). Hospitals don't close even for Santa. I was very fortunate however because I was scheduled to work the 7am to 1pm shift but I work with a newlywed, with no little ones yet. She insisted I trade shifts with her so I could be home that morning with the boys and it worked for her too because she felt that her husband and her would do more in the evening with family. I was so grateful for the trade.

The boys hung out with their brother, Ryan, while I was at work.
They had fun visiting with him, his girlfriend Catherine and their baby, Brooklyn.
Yes, the boys are uncles. Overall it was a fun, busy day that just went by too fast. But of course we have some fun memories that will last a lifetime.

0 comments: