One more reason to be thankful that my sons are getting so big, Christmas lights.....Nick has taken over the job of putting up the lights on the house. HALLELUJAH!!! He had the house lit up in no time this year with a little help from Ty (who is still overcoming a huge fear of heights) Tyler was able to go out on the roof above the garage but that was as far as he would venture, which is farther than he went last year so hopefully by the time Nick has left for his mission, Ty will be able to take the reins. Nick has no fear of being up there, especially since he helped build a house this summer and spent time up on a very steep roof doing the roofing. Not only has Nick taken over the outside lights he does the lights on the trees for me. Once again can I get a big HALLELUJAH! It just makes me laugh to see him get frustrated....."Aaaaggghhh, why if one
light goes out do they all go out. This is sooooo dumb". etc. etc. Seriously he does a great job and knows exactly how I want it to look and he gets it done. Every year it gets easier and easier for him so now I just sit back and get to watch. Then the fun of decorating the tree comes in. We actually do three trees. Why? Two years ago after Christmas during the clearance sales I found two six foot trees that were on clearance for like $4.oo so I bought them. We now put them up with the big tree. One of the trees represents our life. Kevin and I started the tradition of buying an ornament each year that represented something from that year, for example "Our first Christmas", we have an ornament for each of the grandkids, and we have one that shows a family of four which represents the year the boys were sealed to us, there are many, many more memories on the tree. It is a fun tree which means alot to me. I love pulling the ornaments out of their boxes each year and remembering what they all represent. Because of all it represents it is of course my favorite tree. Here are just a few pics of the decorating and the final products.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Your house looks so festive! I love that you put up more then one tree! I look forward to seeing more pictures of the holidays with yours!
Post a Comment